List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    Re: [Voyage-linux] Alix 2D3 / Wistron CM9 : just looking for an
From:       "Michael Renzmann" <mrenzmann () otaku42 ! de>
Date:       2008-11-26 6:02:44

Hi.

> So here are the basic questions :
> - the madwifi-ng driver that will be used for this card ?

CM9 is even supported in MadWifi versions as of 2005, so: yes.

> - this card can act as an access point (mode master) or "capture"
> device (mode monitor) ?

These modes can be used with any card supported by MadWifi, so: yes.

> - the access point can be filtered using a shorewall ?

No idea, I don't use Shorewall myself. From what I know about it and how
it works, I'd assume that it should also work for Access Point VAPs, but
that is basically uneducated guessing.

Bye, Mike