List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    Re: [Voyage-linux] Voyage Linux Experimental Release based on Debian
From:       "Kim-man 'Punky' TSE" <punkytse () punknix ! com>
Date:       2008-09-12 8:33:30

Hi all,

I have a new blog article on testing Voyage Linux Live CD using qemu, see:
    http://www.punknix.com/?q=node/118

Regards,
Punky

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The disk persistence is now supported.  The following directories
> although will run in tmpfs at runtime, but it will synchronized back
> to disk before system is reboot or halt.
>
> /var/log
> /var/tmp
>
> These directories are actually aufs mount points.  All the changes are
> written to tmpfs.   /var/run and /var/lock will be run in tmpfs, but
> will not written to disk before reboot.  They are enabled by RAMRUN
> and RAMLOCK settings in /etc/default/rcS.
>
> Hence, there is no more /ro and /rw.  If you installed a new package
> that would create directory in /var/log, it will be sync' back to the
> device before reboot.
> Please try and report back for any issues.  Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Punky
>
> Punky Tse wrote:
>> This experimental and upcoming VL 0.6 is built by Debian Live[1]
>> framework.  Currently, it does not support disk persistency.  All
>> changes to the file systems would be lost after reboot.  In addition,
>> the Live CD cannot work as PXE server for netboot install.  All of
>> these issues will be addressed in the final VL 0.6.
>>
>> [1] Debian Live - http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org

Regards,
Punky

Voyage Solutions (http://solution.voyage.hk)
* Embedded Solutions and Systems
  - Mesh Networking, Captive Portal, IP Surveillance, VoIP/PBX
  - Network Engineering, Development Platform and Consultation