List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    Re: [Voyage-linux] Re: more on usb and latest voyage 0.2pre4 release
From:       "Kim-man \"Punky\" TSE" <punkytse () punknix ! com>
Date:       2006-04-04 11:47:30

Try to remove hotplug by "apt-get remove hotplug".  So that all device
will be detected by udev, not hotplug in next boot.

It may be a little bit risky, but it is the only way to verify if it is
a general 2.6.15 issue.  Make sure there is no important things in the
CF, the worst case is that you may need to reinstall voyage again.

Sorry if I understand correctly: Are all kernels (either stock or
voyage) run on WRAP?  And the only difference is just the kernel?  I
think so but just to confirm.  I ask because I see your dmesg output
shows different hostname prompt (voyage#, debian#, etc.)

Another things to try on 2.6.15-voyage:
- look at is /dev/ttyUSB* device.  I am thinking about read only issue
in /dev.  Try "rmmod -f ftdi_sio", then remountrw and "modprobe ftdi_sio".

Regards,
- Punky

--
Regards,