List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    Re: [Voyage-linux] Samba on Voyage Linux
From:       "Kim-man \"Punky\" TSE" <punkytse () punknix ! com>
Date:       2006-03-09 7:45:39

Hi Joe,

I just tested and experience the same problem. You need to use cifs
instead of smbfs.  See this blog:
    http://www.webcon.net/~izaah/blog/2005_12_01_archive.html

To mount:
    mount -t cifs //some_host/some_share /mnt/some_mount_point -o
"username=user%password"

fstab:
    //some_host/some_share /mnt/some_mount_point cifs
credentials=/etc/.smbpw 0 0

- Punky