List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    Re: [Voyage-linux] after a few minutes eth0 if goes down on WRAP,
From:       Leon Woestenberg <leonw () mailcan ! com>
Date:       2006-03-05 11:59:22

Hello all,

Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have put up a new Wiki page about NFS root for Voyage
> (voyage-0.2pre) on WRAP 2C.
>
> Everything works great, except after 5 minutes uptime or so, I
> suddenly loose the eth0 connection (over which my NFS mount runs).
I found the cause.

When the DHCP client on voyage-0.2pre4 is started, the /var/run
directory is not writable, so it could not write the leases file and pid
file. After 5 minutes the DHCP lease is tried to be renewed, but the
DHCP client then fails.

Can someone running from (flash) disk do a 'ls -al /var/run' on their
Voyage-0.2pre4 ?

Regards,

Leon.