List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    Re: [Voyage-linux] Maximum Distance
From:       "Steve Wagor" <stevew () apconnections ! net>
Date:       2005-08-08 1:39:19

On that MP2511 of yours can you hide the SSID?

I have a mini-PCI ( NL-2511MP Plus 200mW) and it evidently has too old of
firmware on the radio according to iwpriv or prism2_param you have to have
STA firmware ver 1.6.3 or newer and the one I have comes with showing:

#/usr/sbin/hostap_diag wlan0
Host AP driver diagnostics information for 'wlan0'

NICID: id=0x8013 v1.0.0 (PRISM II (2.5) Mini-PCI (SST parallel flash))
PRIID: id=0x0015 v1.1.0
STAID: id=0x001f v1.4.9 (station firmware)If your radio has newer firmware
can you tell me where you got it?Thanks.Steve...----- Original Message -----