List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    [Voyage-linux] voyage-0.2pre1 atheros crashes
From:       drloomis () cox-internet ! com (Daniel Loomis)
Date:       2005-07-26 8:03:51

I just downloaded and installed voyage-0.2pre1 on a 256mb Sandisk cf and
this loaded it into a Soekris 4501.  It boots just fine and both the
eth0 and ath0 come up fine.  However, when I try to connect to it with
my hp laptop in 11g mode the Soekris reboots.

This was a problem addressed on the madwifi list back around 7/12. The
problem has to do with kernel 2.6.  It has since been corrected in later
versions. Bruno Randalf informed me that the following indicates a fixed
version of madwifi:

the net80211/ieee80211_linux.h should contain the following line:

#define    IEEE80211_BEACON_LOCK_DESTROY(_ic) /* not necessary */

Dan