List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    [Voyage-linux] Voyage as a Multi-Node system
From:       m () box ! li (Matthias Lemke)
Date:       2005-07-22 2:39:18

> Hi all,

Hi

> We have some WRAP 2.A (1 LAN + 2 mPCI)  and several Wistron CM9 cards that
> we would like to use as a dual radio node. Also, were planning a site were
> we?ll install a regular PC with 4 CM9?s. The purpose is to have 3 CM9?s
> serving 120 degree sector antennas in b/g mode and the 4th CM9 being used
> as
> 5.8Ghz backhaul to other site where there?s the WRAP with 1 CM9 in 5.8Ghz
> band and the other CM9 in b/g mode with an omni-directional antenna. My
> questions are:

looks interesting. we are building a similiar network.

> -          Will Voyage Linux be appropriate for this kind of setup?

why not. the only disadvantage is, that you have no webadmin, you have to
configure ist by configfiles. if you are familiar with this kind of
administration, thats perfect.

> -          Is it possible to have multiple wireless interfaces bridged
> with
> 1 LAN interface?

why? ye you can "brctl" all interfaces, but thats not good for date throuput.

> -          We would like to have a complete transparent wireless
> infrastructure without routing between nodes, is this possible?

on which advantages you are thinking? we have a routing network here.

btw: it is not possible to use the atheros cards on a 5 GHz link. In
europe you need 801.11h (as extension of 801.11a! there are things like
radar detection. the atheros chip supoorts it, but the driver doesnt. so
ist illegal tu use that. i dont know other mini-pci cards (centrino also
doenst support) with right implementation of 801.11h.

anybody know?

regards

math