List:       voyage-linux
Subject:    [Voyage-linux] future direction on voyage-linux
From:       punkytse () gmail ! com (Punky Tse)
Date:       2005-01-28 21:24:39

Hi guy,

These days I am thinking of the approach to make voyage linux a very
solid distro.  The below is my TODO list:
1. improving installation scripts to allow different flavour for
building customized distro
2. scripts for setting up network configuration
3. more wireless drivers (ipw2200, rt2500, etc.)
4. further reducing in size
5. light-weighted web server (thttpd + php) for system configuration
6. bootable CD with voyage installer, pxeboot support
7. more software features, like zebra/quagga, OpenVPN, FreeSWAN,
traffic shaping/QoS, Asterisk/VoIP, etc.

Right now, I would like know what is your preferences?

And my preferences to the upcoming developement would be 1, 2 and 5.
That is, to provide basic infrastructure to allow people to build
voyage liunx to suit their own need and to provide a basic network
configuration and system configuration through a set of scripts and
web admin.  The others are just add-on so that they can be
increamentally added in each release. So, what do you think?

I would like to release 0.1 release soon so that I can focus on 0.2
developement for new features.

--
Regards,
Punky