List:       vorbis-dev
Subject:    Re: [Vorbis-dev] Announce: OMTK Javascript Vorbis player
From:       "Lucas Gonze" <lucas.gonze () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-03 22:01:53

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Oliver Thuns
<oli+243897@ml0815.streaps.org> wrote:
> But isn't this what a Javascript media lib is good for? Look what
> backends are available and then choose the best option for playback?

That's what we did with http://mediaplayer.yahoo.com/ .  In that
project we went through issues like markup syntax in agonizing detail.

See http://yahoomediaplayer.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_link for the current
markup syntax,, and
http://yahoomediaplayer.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_link#Playable_Links for
how to indicate that an item is playable.  Note that the audio element
isn't there yet because it isn't backward compatible with current user
agents.