List:       vol-dev
Subject:    [Vol-dev] Introductions and small plugin
From:       awalters () 4tphi ! net (AAron Walters)
Date:       2013-03-11 17:16:55

Hi Edwin,

Welcome to vol-dev!  We are glad you have found Volatility to be a useful
platform for conducting your research.  The original goal was to build a
platform that would support both researchers and practitioners.

> Last week I wrote a small plugin to get familiar with the framework,
> it's available at [1]. I'll leave it up to you if it is useful enough
> to include in volatility.

We will definitely check it out. Thanks for the contribution!

> Currently I'm finalizing the approach to my research. Is it ok to use
> this list (or vol-users) if I have any ideas or questions related to
> my research that I need to bounce off of somebody?

This list is the correct forum for research ideas and questions. Most of
the development team and memory analysis researchers are members of this
list.

> If it isn't taking too much time away from my thesis, I also plan to
> enter my research into the contest[2]. I hope that asking questions
> here still makes me eligible :)

We definitely encourage you to submit your research to the contest.  The
goal of the contest is to build innovative research.  If asking questions
here or to the core development team will help make your submission
better, it is definitely encouraged and will not effect your eligibility.

Thanks for the introduction and your interest in Volatility! We are
excited to see your submission.

AW