List:       voipsec
Subject:    Re: [VOIPSEC] A small question about jajah
From:       "REID PALMEIRA" <RPALMEIRA () pacificlight ! net>
Date:       2006-11-27 17:50:21

Jahjah is subsidizing some of the calls. The calls themselves are free if it's from a \
registered jahjah user to another registered jahjah user (eg: all over the internet \
instead of the PSTN)

I would agree that the business model is questionable but there are other options. \
Ad-based calls for example may work. There are other startups offering voip running \
ads on the softphone client. Even that to me would be questionable as a long-term \
sustainable profit center, but at least there are some options for them to take.

Decent post on it here:
http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/voip/jahjah-offers-free-calls-globally.asp

Cheers,
Reid Palmeira