List:       voipsec
Subject:    Re: [VOIPSEC] VoIP Attack  : How feasible
From:       "Gupta, Sachin" <s-gupta2 () ti ! com>
Date:       2006-05-05 22:09:19

Tampering the messages  at the router require physical access to it,
which is something similar to PSTN. Moreover Packets(Media & signaling)
may follow different route and they may be fragmented . So packets at
one router may not give sufficient information about the call/media. But
these attacks are very much possible the most immidiate router (as all
packets will pass thru this).
But still it needs somebody insider to carry these attacks. OR somebody
gained remote access to these routers.

Can you explain how would out of band SS7 will help previnting any such
attacks?

Sachin