List:       vocal
Subject:    [Vocal] Installation problems
From:       "Reena, Thomas" <Reena.Thomas () siemens ! com>
Date:       2006-07-11 5:41:49

Hello,

I'm a newbee and am trying to installing the vocal server.
I tried installing, vocalbin-1.5.0-20.i386.rpm &
vocalbin-tools-1.5.0-20.i386.rpm, however I get the message that there
some failed dependencies and that Apache is required.
Im not sure why I get this message because it seems to me that Apache is
installed on my PC. When I try to restart Apache, using httpd restart, I
get the message that the domain server could not be resolved.

The contents of the /etc/hosts

<public Ip>   localhost
<private ip>  vocalserver

So it seems to me that there are 2 problems, one with the application
finding Apache and 2nd with the domain server.

What can I do? Any suggestions would be welcome.
Reena