List:       vocal
Subject:    [Vocal] hi prob with provgui running
From:       "Srinivas Satish" <srinis () linuxmail ! org>
Date:       2004-12-20 17:46:15

Hi,
    I have successfully installed vocal-1.5 on my Fedora core 3 platfrm using the \
RPM.it's my first try with vocal.so plz hlp with these problms.

PROB I:

How do we run the java based provisioning tool in this 1-5 version of vocal.
When I tried exec the provgui in my /usr/local/vocal/bin dir it said

Expected an integer
Could not find the java binary in path
I have installed the jdk 1.4 in Linux and it is in /usr/java/jdk-1.4-2/bin/
Here I have all the java binaries and I have even appended this path to the PATH \
variable by adding it in my .bash_profile file by setting \
PATH=$PATH:/usr/java/jdk-1.4-2/bin;

When I type echo $PATH I do get the java path in my PATH variable, so it is set \
right.

Then what could be the prob that prevents me from exec the provgui binary. Plz \
suggest.

Prob II:
Also the web based prov is very minimal it gives me only

	Web-bsaed provisioning hyperlink in my webconf page when I lauch mozilla and type
		http://<hostname>/vocal/
where are the other configurations option such as the userconfiguration options.

PROB III:
         The vocal.conf file in /usr/local/vocal/etc/vocal.conf contains entries for \
only the foll,

                     PSERVER    			ip-addr
	         PSERVERBKUP		ip-addr
	         LOG-LEVEL			LOG_ERR
Where are the entries to the other servers such as the ms,net,fs,vmserver.

When I type ./vocalctl status I get all the req servers running such as

		Fs 	<some-port>
		Fs	<some-port2>
		.
	.	.
		ps
		rs	<some-port> I mean all the servers are running. When I deploy it in a multi-host \
system how do I modify the servers, vocal.conf contains nothing?Plz hlp.