List:       vocal
Subject:    [Vocal] voicemail: translating .wav to RTP and RTP to .wav
From:       Tom Scott <telecomtom () vedatel ! com>
Date:       2003-08-29 0:09:46

How does the vmserver translate the .wav files (e.g., greeting.wav) to
RTP packets? I understand that it will pass these packets to the gua/fsvm
and the gua will then send the packets to the calling party. but how does
the .wav file get translated? I ask because i think that may be one of the
reasons i can't get voicemail to work.

a related question?: How does vmserver translate the RTP packets that come
from the calling party? The RTP packets become the .wav file that is then
attached to the email message and sent to the called party. But how is it
done?

what must be configured for the .wav-to-RTP and .RTP-to-.wav translations
to occur?

-- TT