List:       vocal
Subject:    [Vocal] redundant pserver sync on different subnets?
From:       "Rod" <vocmail () funnelweb ! tpgi ! com ! au>
Date:       2003-08-26 22:45:21

Hi all,
trying to get the pservers in two vocal 1.5.0 all-in-one systems on different
networks (only one hop) to sync and effectively become one redundant
system.

Is building a redundant system this way basically sound?
Is it possible for 1.5.0 systems to sync between different subnets?
And if so has anyone got practical experience they can share?

So far :-

1. I have installed two complete allinone systems and verified they are
working.

2. Edited vocal.conf to have the main and backup servers with the local
server in each case the main pserver.

3. Added pserver multicast 224.0.0.100:9000 entry to each vocal.conf.
(seemed to be required for pserver to start??)

4. Tried various combinations of writer and reader passwords in
vocal.secret based on various posts in the list history.

But still no joy. Changes in one provgui don't end up in the other. I would
have expected the two systems to start to sync when they come up but
this does not appear to happen.

TIA
Rod