List:       vocal
Subject:    [Vocal] Speex: Open Source Speech Coding
From:       Jean-Marc Valin <jean-marc.valin () hermes ! usherb ! ca>
Date:       2002-05-16 15:15:10

Hi,

I saw your project on Slashdot and thought you could be interested in
the Speex (http://speex.sourceforge.net/) project, which is a free
(open-source, patent-free) speech codec. I'm the main developer of
Speex. Right now, we're still in alpha stage, but we already have a good
quality codec for both narrowband (~15 kbps) and wideband (~30 kbps) and
we're prograssing fast.

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A.