List:       vocal
Subject:    [Vocal] queries about sdp , rtp in vocal (!!!URGENT!!!)
From:       "Jaideep Barde" <jaideep () jopasana ! com>
Date:       2001-06-29 8:50:01

Hello,
    As far as my understandings, the the VOCAL allows only audio data to be
exchanged between end points. Now my problem is that, I want to exchange
simple text data (chat session) between the end points (UA's). what changes
I'll have to make to achieve this?. will I be able to use existing
ode?( sdp,rtp support)

In RTP is it possible to mention that I want to exchange simple text , if it
is so then what could be the right value for SDP  "m=" field.

One more question I have in mind is that, what does that "101" payload
format means in RTP/AVP, since I could not find any match for "101" payload
format in the specification (rtp/avp).
in VOCAL   rtpmap says 101 maps to telephone-event/8000 , what does this
mean? is "telephone-event/8000" some kind of codec? if so how is it used
(brief explanation will do)

where does the VOCAL find all the information that is filled in the SDP
fields? or how do we provide it?

regards
Jaideep