List:       vnc-list
Subject:    Re: Reverse connection on UNIX
From:       Jonathan Morton <chromi () cyberspace ! org>
Date:       2000-05-29 23:42:37

>	Does anyone know how to perform a reverse connection in using the
>VNC Unix
>server.  I know on windows you just right click on the VNC server icon and
>click add new client then you enter the IP or name you want a reverse
>connection with.  How would you do this same action on UNIX???

AFAIK this feature is unimplemented in UNIX, and indeed all versions of VNC
other than WinVNC.  If someone would like to work on this, I'm sure several
people would find it useful.  NB: the feature has to be implemented at both
ends - the viewer has to 'listen', and the server has to be able to
'instruct'.  In the case of Xvnc, a modification to the vncserver script
might be necessary along with the Xvnc changes...

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
mail:     chromi@cyberspace.org  (not for attachments)
uni-mail: j.d.morton@lancaster.ac.uk