List:       vnc-list
Subject:    tips please-Missing charsets in String to FontSet
From:       Adrian Walden <adrian.walden () vialactia ! com>
Date:       2000-05-29 5:10:00

Hi
I am new to Unix and VNC server/viewer and enjoying the learning. However, I
am encountering a series of errors when I launch X applications from within
a terminal running in a vnc viewer window (error messages copied below). I
do not get these errors when I use a console directly attached to the
server.

The server OS is Solaris 7. vncserver is 5.5.

I suspect this is some sort of font substitution issue but I'm afraid I'm
not sure what to do next. I cannot find any information on the VNC website
or in the mailing list archives when searching for fonts, fontset etc etc.

Can somebody please steer me in the right direction.

Mnay thanks,
Adrian.

/home/waldea> Warning: Cannot convert string "-dt-interface
user-medium-r-normal-s*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" to ty
pe FontStruct
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Cannot convert string "-dt-interface
system-medium-r-normal-s*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" to type FontSet
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Cannot convert string "-dt-interface
user-medium-r-normal-s*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" to type FontSet

/home/waldea>