List:       vnc-list
Subject:    Re: How about separate sockets for control/view
From:       Andre Moreira <andre () dei ! isep ! ipp ! pt>
Date:       1999-08-27 17:05:28

John Wilson wrote:
> =

> Erm...
> =

> Control packets go from client to server, display packets go from serve=
r to
> client. So they go down different channels now.
> =

> I suspect that your "unacceptable" responsiveness is to do with the way=
 you
> have your server configured not the way the protocol works.

Sorry to interfere

In fact there is only one TCP connection client-server, full-duplex
true,
but because of the TCP protocol there are interferences send/receive.

My point of view is that the main problem isn=B4t here, the problem is
MS-Windows. Here i am using Xvnc and several vnc clients, check this:

I have 386SX/25MHz/4M diskless with DOS/packet driver and vnclient for
DOS (great stuff) with Ether at 10 Mbps and they perform the same way =

as the Win32 vnc clients on PentiumMMX/233MHz/64Mb with NT Workstation
and Ether at 100 Mbps.

We have tried the same NT configuration at 10 Mbps and nobody can use
it.
-- =

Andre Moreira (http://www.dei.isep.ipp.pt/~andre)