List:       vnc-list
Subject:    Need some help with Xvnc/xdm configuration
From:       al3x <al3x_ () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2007-11-13 13:56:36

Hello,

I'm new to this list and I've tried to search for
solution/troubleshooting info on google and realvnc site to no avail.

Here is my configuration:

Centos 4.5 + vnc-server 4.0.11 rpm.

Local X server configured with vnc extension works fine.
Logging in locally via xdm works fine.

What I want to achieve is something like the setup, explained in this
message
(http://www.realvnc.com/pipermail/vnc-list/2006-April/054769.html), just
with xdm, not gdm. All other prerequisites were satisfied.
The problem is that I'm getting completely blank vncviewer window that
stays without changes until, I guess, timeout expires.
I can not get any diagnostic of what is wrong - no errors from xdm, no
errors from xinetd and where Xvnc sends it's errors I have no idea.
According to documentation it is able to send errors to stderr/stdout
"currently" which is not any good in this situation.

There is also mysterious "InetdLogFile" mentioned once here
http://www.realvnc.com/support/serverlog.html - without any explanation
how to turn this on/off (neither I could find it anywhere else on the
internet). Looks like what I'm looking for but can't get it working..

I'm pretty sure the problem is with Xvnc - but I don't have any way to
figure out what's wrong.

Any help will be appreciated.
And, RealVNC guys, the better you document the less repeated annoying
questions you will get - please fix InetdLogFile mystery.