List:       vnc-list
Subject:    Problem with display assignation on VNC graphical environment
From:       "Gilberto Sillas" <gsillas () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2007-04-20 21:57:52

Hi iall, I hope that someone could help with this, we already setup a vnc
server and actually we are checking the vnc users connections to it, and we
have a problem when we are triying to display any graphical tool from our
unix solaris server for example: If I access on a vnc session with a
different user not mine, the DISPLAY variable for that vnc user does not get
set. And if I set the
display variable to one of the following (assuming that the vncusers has
assigned the port :51 for this user):

hostname:port_number

DISPLAY=hostname:51
export DISPLAY

Then I get the message: " Can't open display: :51" . If
DISPLAY is not set then of course I can't open any Xwindows or any tool on
my unix server as xclock or admintool.

Nevertless if I access with my own vncuser and I check the DISPLAY variable,
it is set with my correct port assignated on the vncusers (in my case is the
port 43) and I could open any graphical application as xclock or admintool,
so maybe there is some parameter that we need to set on the users that could
not set theri own display, but we don't know what is that parameter.

Plaase could you help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance