List:       vnc-list
Subject:    (no subject)
From:       ryanhall () kconline ! com
Date:       2007-03-19 21:03:04

Recently stumbled onto RealVNC, and just started a trial run of it. Got it
installed fine, and had no troubles with the trial key. However, when I
attempt to start a server using the vncserver command, I get this error:

Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/, removing
from list
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/,
removing from list
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing
from list

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

How do I get around this?

Please give me your best "VNC for Dummies" answer, as, although I've been
using Linux for about 6 months, I still have not gotten used to it, and am
not familiar with everything. :)

I use Freespire, a Debian based OS, in the computer I am attempting to run
VNC on.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan