List:       vnc-list
Subject:    Re: Connecting Vnc Through Echoware
From:       "Scott C. Best" <sbest () best ! com>
Date:       2006-03-26 17:48:54

Girish:

 	Heya. I think you're misunderstanding EchoVNC a
little bit. It's meant to act as a connection helper for
getting a VNC Viewer to connect to a VNC Server, regardless
of any intervening firewalls, routers, or web-proxies.

 	On the Viewer side of the connection, EchoVNC can
be told to use any flavor VNC Viewer you want (Real, Tight,
Ultra, etc). It comes with a default one, in case you don't
have one installed. On the Server side of the connection,
though, EchoVNC does *not* come with a default. It requires
that there be a VNC Server running on the PC, hence the
"error" you're seeing in the EchoVNC status window. Once
you install and run a VNC Server, EchoVNC will report that
it's ow "ready", and it will then use echoWare to assist with
connecting to it from anywhere.

 	Hope that helps!

-Scott