List:       vnc-list
Subject:    VNCViewer in Listen Mode -- Probably Obvious Socket Question
From:       Hal Vaughan <hal () thresholddigital ! com>
Date:       2006-03-26 6:43:56

When I run:

vncviewer -listen 5501

Am I correct that it opens a server socket on port 5501 that is waiting
for connections?

Does that mean if I have a forwarding program on the same system, it can
open a client socket connecting to that same port and it'll connect
with vncviewer?

I know the answer is probably extremely obvious, but I'm just making
sure I've got everything straight and understand it all.  Any
confirmation is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hal