List:       vnc-list
Subject:    RE: Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta
From:       "Erik Soderquist" <esoderquist () mcstamp ! com>
Date:       2005-05-24 12:05:00

personally, I would like to have the option of uninstalling microsoft's
remote support. I consider something I can't turn off or remove (the
checkbox doesn't mean much) to be a higher threat. if the door is there,
no matter how well closed and locked, it can be broken into. yes, I
would consider vnc to be a threat as well, especially if I didn't
install it. but I do have the option to remove vnc.

as to microsoft's idea of timeliness... the code red fixes come to
mind...

--- erik