List:       vnc-list
Subject:    RE: Viewer Simply quits after seconds
From:       "Seak, Teng-Fong" <tfseak () futurmaster ! com>
Date:       2004-05-27 13:38:18

	Do you get any message from the client when it closes down?

	OTOH, check your server to see if it has the "IdleTimeout" registry key:
http://www.realvnc.com/winvnc.html#11

	Or else, is your internet connection stable or fast enough?  My Internet connection \
at home isn't very fast (or stable?).  Sometimes, after the authentification, when \
the client is waiting for the whole screen update, the connection just breaks down.  \
I have to retry several connections before I could get a stable connection.

	I found that when the black VNC window is drawn and waiting for all pixels of the \
whole screen, if I move the mouse all about, the chance of breaking the connection is \
very high.  So, I would sit there wisely and waiting for a few seconds until the \
whole screen is drawn before using the mouse.  Just my two eurocents :)