List:       vnc-list
Subject:    TightVNC with OpenSSL
From:       Joe Ammann <joe () pyx ! ch>
Date:       2002-04-29 17:16:52

Hi everybody

I have update an old set of patches that bring strong encryption to
VNC. The encryption is seemleassly built into VNC, without the need
for SSH tunnels etc.

Currently, I have them only for the Windows version of TightVNC 1.2.3
(server and client). And at the moment, I only provide source code,
since the patches are in no way "clean and polished".

You can get the whole source from

http://www.pyx.ch/joe/vnc/tightvnc_winsrc_with_openssl.zip

You still have to fetch zlib, libjpeg (as usual with TightVNC) and of
course OpenSSL (from www.openssl.org, preferrably version 0.9.6c).

For an introduction into the patches, read the file
BUILDING-with-OpenSSL.txt.

I would appreciate it greatly if you could have a look into the
changes, give feedback on them. If I feel that those patches are
considered useful, I'll probably include them also in the Unix source
and the Java viewer.

Have fun!

CU, Joe