List:       visual-tcl
Subject:    Re: [vtcl] How do I..
From:       Leon Brooks <leon () brooks ! smileys ! net>
Date:       1999-08-14 16:15:02

Carl Burton wrote:
>      1) How do I extract information from a listbox and put it into an
>         entry box (if the user clicked on a the lostbox item or pressed
>         ENTER)

I would try an activation trigger in the listbox, using <widget> cget to
obtain a value for stuffing into the listbox. The keywords are far from
the tip of my mind; try reading the listbox manpage for something less
vague.

>      2) Can I have more than one column in a list box ?

With suitable dextrous appendment of spaces, I guess so. Have you looked
into Tix or any of the other Tk toolkits?

>      3) I have two listboxs one containing ordered numbers and the other
>         has data corresponding to those numbers. I also have a scroll bar
>         that scrolls both listboxes similtainously (this was done by adding
>         a function to do this) but my problem is when I use the mouse or
>         keyboard and scroll down within either of the list boxes they dont
>         update each other.

I guess that a y movement function is needed for each listbox that
updates not only the other listbox but also the scrollbar, like the
function you wrote for the scrollbar to update both listboxes.

This question really belongs on a TCL/Tk list somewhere, rather than on
the list for a widget placement tool like vtcl.