List:       visual-tcl
Subject:    [vtcl] Re:
From:       "Michael K. Vance" <mkv102 () psu ! edu>
Date:       1998-07-04 14:16:08

Erwin Maderbacher wrote:

> I would like to generate GUI' by using Vtcl and invoke the sript out of a C-File \
> (to get connection to some other libraries( for e.g. Smart Card-Readers...).

This is very easy to do, see my previous posts. Otherwise, get a book on Tcl (eg
Ousterhoust's) and read up on the Tcl C interface. It's a very painless
procedure to invoke Tcl scripst from within C, and to register C functions with
Tcl.

An example of code that does this is at:

http://www.cse.psu.edu/~vance/scald-src-0.90.tar.gz

See files scald.cpp and useri.cpp for initializing Tcl and registering callback
functions. Notice the little trick I had to do to register class methods as
callback functions, by using a static router function.

m.