List:       visual-tcl
Subject:    Re: [vtcl-user] Problem report - Vtcl(gui,ae,canvas)
From:       Christian_Gavin () logitech ! com
Date:       2002-01-07 17:11:49

Hum... sounds like an uninitialized variable.

Let me know if I am wrong, but does it happen when the attributes editor is
not open ?

CG

> --------+------------------------------------->
> > Jorge.Lehner@gmx.net       |
> > Sent by:                   |
> > vtcl-user-admin@lists.sourc|
> > eforge.net                 |
> > >

> > 12/28/2001 04:45 AM        |
> > >
> --------+------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                   \
|  |       To:     vtcl-user@lists.sourceforge.net                                    \
|  |       cc:                                                                        \
|  |       Fax to:                                                                    \
|  |       Subject:     [vtcl-user] Problem report - Vtcl(gui,ae,canvas)              \
|  |                                                                                  \
|  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello!

When opening the menu editor, after saving, and maybe in other
circumstances I get the following error:
can't read "vTcl(gui,ae,canvas)": no such element in array

Normally I can simply "click" it away.

The stack trace shows the following:
    #
    # Update Widget Attributes
    #
    set fr $vTcl(gui,ae,canvas).f2.f
-->^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    set top $fr._$vTcl(w,class)
    update idletasks
    if {[winfo exists $top]} {
        if {$vTcl(w,class) != $vTcl(w,last_class)} {

and the call stack:
(procedure "vTcl:prop:update_attr" line 15)
(procedure "vTcl:select_widget" line 23)
(procedure "vTcl:active_widget" line 15)
(procedure "vTcl:save2" line 93)
(procedure "vTcl:save" line 9)
(code segment 1)
("uplevel" body line 1)