List:       vim-multibyte
Subject:    Re: vim60z multibyte yank or visual select problem
From:       Bram Moolenaar <Bram () moolenaar ! net>
Date:       2001-04-02 9:13:26

Nam SungHyun wrote:

> > > If 'XXYYZZ' is multibyte, I get 'XXYY ' by '^VeyP'.
> > > I get whole word by 'yeP'.
> >
> > I don't see this with utf-8 or euc-jp text.  Any settings that matter?
> > Especially the 'selection' option.
>
> :set selection?
>   selection=inclusive
>
> Now, I see it's a bug of 'virtualedit=block'.
> If I commented out 'set virtualedit=block', the problem gone.

Ah, now I can reproduce it.  Another one for the todo list...

--
Our job was to build a computer information system for the branch banks.  We
were the perfect people for the job: Dean had seen a computer once, and I had

 ///  Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@moolenaar.net -- http://www.moolenaar.net  \\\
(((   Creator of Vim - http://www.vim.org -- ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim   )))
 \\\  Help me helping AIDS orphans in Uganda - http://iccf-holland.org  ///