List:       vim-mac
Subject:    Re: Vim 6.0 for 68Ks?
From:       Matt <matt () greenviolet ! net>
Date:       2001-07-11 0:18:21

> Originally the port started on CodeWarrior 9.
> I currently use CodeWarrior Pro Release 5 (on MacOS 9)

Would Code Warrior Pro 4 work OK? Also, you have any idea on where to get a "cheap" \
(hahaha) version of it? Also, would the Learning Edition work? The lack of \
optimization will suck, but I could probably live with that... I wouldn't be able to \
distribute any of the binaries that I made due to the license, and it claims that I \
wouldn't be able to generate cross-platform code. I don't know if this means \
cross-platform as in making 68K/FAT binaries and/or Windows binaries... At least I'd \
be able to uppgrade to the full version a little cheaper when I could better afford \
it...

(I sure hope my 7100 is up to the challenge of compiling VIM... It has a hard enough \
time running the MacOS sometimes... Then again OS9 wasn't really meant for the 601 \
chip... ;)

> and Project Builder (on MacOS X).
>
> The included CodeWarrior project is currently out-of-date

Where could I get the up-to-date project? And when will your page be updated? I want \
something newer than a 5.6 binary! ;)

> (at least for Vim 6 alpha, I didn't check Vim 5 for a while)
>
> MPW is supposely supported, I never try it so I don't know, but there's
> have been change to allow compilation. Unfortunately some functionality

I guess I'll try one of these days soon... Kinda curious what will be missing...

> are missing when compiled with MPW.
>

> > > As for your SE, if it can run System 7, it may one day run Vim. (Hey, I
> > > have to make my obsolete Classic useful for something.)
> >
> > It won't have System 7 till after I've dropped in a SE/30 logic board.
> > That'll be fun then...
>
> Strange, I was thinking that a SE (even though older) was slightly
> better than a Classic

If it is, it's only slightly... ;) After all I can only read 800K floppies... Check \
out http://www.classicmacaddict.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?go=profiles/subprofiles/se.html \
and http://www.classicmacaddict.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?go=profiles/subprofiles/classic.html

> Improvement of the syntax highlighting code, its slow on all platform.
> There's something on the todo.txt about this.
Welp, I guess after I get it compiled, I'm gonna see what I can do. Admittedly, it \
probably won't be much... But I'll try!

--Matt