List:       vim-mac
Subject:    Re: Ctrl-^ (was Re: Vim with Thunderbird)
From:       Nicolas Weber <nicolasweber () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-04-01 21:22:56

Hi,

>>> It does seem to me that the OS X port of Vim is somewhat less
>>> mature than the ports for Linux and Windows.  I've had some
>>> problems with unicode font rendering, keyboard support (for
>>> example, ctrl-^ doesn't work out-of-the-box), etc.  But I expect
>>> the rough edges to be smoothed out over time.
>> can you try if this patch [1] fixed the ctrl-6 issue for you?
>> [1]: http://wiki.macvim.org/wiki/VimPatches/Ctrl6

> I just tested your patch, and unfortunately it doesn't fix the
> problem I have with CTRL-^.  If I understand the patch correctly,
> it hard-wires CTRL-2 and CTRL-6 to their shifted equivalents (CTRL-
> @ and CTRL-^).  I believe the patch does as it is intended because
> the patched version of Vim circumvents my work-around for the still-
> broken CTRL-^ behavior.

thanks for your feedback. I just realized that I "tested" this patch
without --enable-multibyte, so that my code wasn't used at all. Way
to go.

Anyways, I guess I know why Ctrl-^ doesn't work now (and why my patch
is completely worthless in its current form). I'll see if I can find
a way to fix it...

Bye,
Nico