List:       vim-mac
Subject:    Re: ctags broken?
From:       Benji Fisher <benji () member ! AMS ! org>
Date:       2006-03-30 16:07:02

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 10:21:45AM -0500, Chris Fonnesbeck wrote:
> When I try and build a tags file for a directory of python files from
> vim7, I get the following message:
>
> :!ctags -R .
> ctags: skippin .: it is not a regular file
>
> Which seems fine, but then when I open the tags file, I get an empty file.

     Looks to me like Apple's fault (some old version of ctags).  On
Linux (not especially up to date):

$ ctags --version
Exuberant Ctags 5.5.2, Copyright (C) 1996-2003 Darren Hiebert
  Compiled: Feb 15 2004, 14:59:14
  Addresses: <dhiebert@users.sourceforge.net>, http://ctags.sourceforge.net
  Optional compiled features: +wildcards, +regex

On Tiger:

$ ctags --version
ctags: illegal option -- -

HTH					--Benji Fisher