List:       vim-mac
Subject:    Re: how to reset vi -i option
From:       "Chris Allen" <c.d.allen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-03-13 9:57:27

On 3/9/06, mythily <smythily@mail.com> wrote:
This one has languished here long enough, I'll have a stab at it.
> But i can execute the proram and it can copy the files.But after that i> couldn't \
> able to enter into vi editor.
Okay, so, your basic problem is that you've got a file somewhere, andthen when you \
try to open it with vim then you get a segmentationfault?  Or do you simply get a \
segmentation fault whenever you try tostart vim *at all*? I'm not seeing what \
relevance any other random program (Java orotherwise) may have to your problem.
> And also i used vi -i option.It show some alert msg as "cant overwrite> \
> ././.viminfo!" Pls tell me the way to recover it.
That's a very strange message.  I do not understand why you aretelling it to use a \
viminfo file stored in ././.viminfo, which is thesame location as ./.viminfo or even \
just .viminfo. It sounds like you do not have write permission for your .viminfofile. \
You can check this with "ls -l /path/to/your/.viminfo" in theTerminal command line.  \
If that is the problem then you just need toadjust your permissions with chmod. \
HTH,Chris Allen