List:       vim-mac
Subject:    Re: Highlightning
From:       antti <antti () victoria ! fi>
Date:       2005-03-04 16:57:31

On Mar 4, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Eljay Love-Jensen wrote:

> Hi Antti,
>
> Highlighting?  Do you mean...
> set hlsearch
> ...?
>
> You can put that in your .gvimrc or _gvimrc (as appropriate) for GUI
> Vim.  Or in your .vimrc or _vimrc (as appropriate) for terminal Vim.

I mean the colors for the syntax. Gvim has a menu for different Color
Schemes, non of them is like the terminal version? Can I get it back?

The first buffer always has a grey line at left of the window; what's
that and how do I get rid of it? Other buffers have some extra space on
the left side too. I have line numbers on and on the left side of the
line numbers there's some empty space, how do I get rid of that?

Also the cursor stays always on the screen when I scroll the window
down. This is, I don't want it to follow the scrolling. Can I make it
keep it's position?

--antti