List:       vim-mac
Subject:    Re: Home / End keys on iBook
From:       Nickolay Kolev <nmkolev () uni-bonn ! de>
Date:       2004-03-19 11:33:21

>> Shell lines not wrapping:
>> that's a common problem with bash and ksh :-) Try setting your login
>> shell to tcsh (which WAS the OS-X default till apple gave in to the
>> unwashed masses who don't know the difference between a shell as a
>> command line interface and a shell as a programming language). Tcsh
>> is different to use, but I find it much more comfortable than
>> anything else. Just don't write programs in tcsh - use ksh, bash or
>> preferably a real scripting language like perl or python for
>> programming tasks (or go straight to C++/Java)
>
> I have used bash on my Slackware machine for more than 3 years and
> have never seen such a thing. Anyway, if it still is a no-go, I might
> try zsh, I have heard only good of it.

Sorry for the Off-Topic message, I just wanted to post this for anyone
who is wondering what was wrong. Turns out it is not a bash problem, it
is a, er, user problem. I had set up a color prompt, as it turns out
wrongly. Here is the right way to do it:

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-support/2002-February/
016416.html

Nicky