List:       vim-mac
Subject:    yet another new binary for OSX
From:       Benji Fisher <benji () member ! AMS ! org>
Date:       2003-04-05 13:39:27

      Sorry, I goofed.  Details below for the curious.  Short version:
in the version just uploaded (6.1.435) I no longer try to set the
'fileformats' option from the system vimrc file.  If you need to edit
old-style Mac files, add

:set ffs+=mac

to your personal vimrc file.

      The new version contains a few more official patches.  I did not
include the patch to avoid the "Hit ENTER" prompt, since I want to test
whether this is related to some other problems.

      I uploaded new versions of Make_osx.mak (to set the creator code
to "VIM!") and mbyte.diff (to be compatible with recent official
patches).  As usual, the place for all this is

http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX

					--Benji Fisher

Details:

      When the system vimrc is read, vim is in 'compatible' mode, and
'fileformats' is set to its vi default (empty).  After

:set ffs+=mac

it is set to "mac".  If 'nocompatible' is later set (e.g., because Vim
finds a user vimrc file) then, since this option has already been
modified, it never gets set to its vim default of "unix,dos".  I
should'a known better!