List:       vim-mac
Subject:    Re: dylib problems
From:       Benji Fisher <benji () member ! AMS ! org>
Date:       2003-03-03 19:11:44

Tavis wrote:
> I just installed vim on OSX using fink. When i try to run the program i
> get this message:
> dyld: vim Undefined symbols:
> vim undefined reference to _BC expected to be defined in
> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> vim undefined reference to _PC expected to be defined in
> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> vim undefined reference to _UP expected to be defined in
> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> vim undefined reference to _ospeed expected to be defined in
> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> Trace/BPT trap
>
> Is there a way to fix this? Has anyone else had this problem? I have the
> libSystem.B.dylib in the right place.

      I think these are the sorts of errors you get if you try to run a version
compiled for OSX 10.1 on 10.2, or vice-versa.  You can find one of each (Carbon
version, with Aqua interface) on

http://macvim.swdev.org/OSX

The Carbon version will also run in a Terminal window.  If you need an X11
version, you can try following the instructions there to compile it yourself.

HTH					--Benji Fisher