List:       vim-mac
Subject:    How do I avoid "Press RETURN" at launch?
From:       "Seal, John J" <sealj () indy ! raytheon ! com>
Date:       2002-03-01 20:34:30

I've read everything I can find on avoiding |hit-enter|, but I still have to
do it when I double-click a file owned by Vim 6. (Interestingly, the message
actually says "Press RETURN" instead of "Hit ENTER".) What I want is for Vim
to launch and display the text when I double-click a file, without having to
press Return first.

The Windows version doesn't do this, and neither does the Mac version when
you open a file after Vim is already running. Even when I remove all the *rc
files and launch Vim "naked", it still wants me to press Return. Setting
ch=2 and shm=a doesn't help.

Is there a way to turn this off?

John Seal, Principal Software Engineer | Raytheon (MS-44)         O-
mailto:sealj@indy.raytheon.com         | 6125 East 21st Street
phone:317-306-4838    fax:317-306-3583 | Indianapolis, IN 46219-2058