List:       vim-mac
Subject:    Kibaale visit report
From:       Bram Moolenaar <Bram () moolenaar ! net>
Date:       2001-11-06 9:09:51

In the first two weeks of October I have visited the Kibaale Childrens
Centre in Uganda.  This is Vim's charityware.

Use one of these links:

	http://www.vim.org/iccf/news.html
	http://iccf-holland.org/news.html
	http://www.iccf.nl/news.html

Use the "more pictures" link to get an impression of what I have seen
in Kibaale.

A few notes:

- For people in Germany there is now a way to get a tax reduction if you
  donate money towards the project.  See this page (in German):

  	http://www.vim.org/iccf/germany.html

- The amounts for sponsoring a child have been raised.  Mainly because
  the dollar has become more expensive (thus counted in US dollars the
  amounts didn't change much).  At the same time we switched to the
  Euro (the guilder disappears January 2002).  The amounts should now be
  enough to cover the actual costs for sponsoring a child.  The last
  year part of the one-time donations had to be used to fill the gap.
  We rather use them for something else, like keeping the clinic
  running.

I have a list of 15 children that are waiting to be sponsored.  Don't
disappoint them!

15. Your heart races faster and beats irregularly each time you see a new WWW
    site address in print or on TV, even though you've never had heart
    problems before.

 ///  Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@moolenaar.net -- http://www.moolenaar.net  \\\
(((   Creator of Vim -- http://vim.sf.net -- ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim   )))
 \\\  Help me helping AIDS orphans in Uganda - http://iccf-holland.org  ///