List:       vim-dev
Subject:    Re: vim kde component
From:       Philippe Fremy <fremy () yalbi ! com>
Date:       2001-01-30 15:49:12

> It might be necessary to avoid the wait-for-event loop that Vim contains.
> But preferably most of the code doesn't need to know where the typed
> characters come from and can just use "vgetc()" to get the next one.
>
> How about the idea to have Vim run in its own thread?

Hopefully, kde has recently developed the possibility to embed
out-of-process components (with konqueror embedding gecko). But it is not
used yet and not documented. :-(

But there no other choice, so I'll go with that. At least it sounds
feasible without rewriting vim :-)

I'll keep you up-to-date when something is available.

	Philippe