List:       vim-dev
Subject:    Re: vim6.0g weirdnesses
From:       Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai () wxs ! nl>
Date:       2000-08-30 10:38:36

-On [20000830 11:04], Bram Moolenaar (Bram@moolenaar.net) wrote:

>Jeroen Ruigrok wrote:
>
>> vim6.0g has this weird behaviour:
>>
>> when I open a file and I do a `cw' it will [sometimes] change the first
>> ~ which marks the end of the file to a partial copy of the line above
>> it. Same with cl or any other c combo.
>>
>> After you are done with the c command and hit ESC it will restore the
>> modified ~ line back to the ~.
>
>Are you using the "$" to show at the end of the change?  Then this was fixed
>by a recent patch.  Just wait for Vim 6.0h and check if it's fixed.

I am not using $.

I think the ++current_col; patch possibly fixed this as well.

>> Another weird thing was when I was editing a perl script today, after I
>> typed:
>>
>> } else
>>
>> I wanted to A after the else and add a { and continue coding.  vim's
>> status said INSERT, but it totally froze.
>>
>> A gdb backtrace on the running PID showed almost only free()'s, I had to
>> kill the PID.
>
>Hmm, I can't guess what this problem is.  Did hitting CTRL-C not get Vim back
>to life?

CTRL-C did get it back to work, and it updated the screen.

The ++current_col; patch worked for me to fix this.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok vd Werven/Asmodai    asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best