List:       vim-dev
Subject:    Re: fdm=indent
From:       Bram Moolenaar <Bram () moolenaar ! net>
Date:       2000-08-29 10:58:57

Raul Segura wrote:

> 1) in a new buffer, try this:
>
> :se fdm=indent
> I1
> <Tab>2
> <Tab>3
> <Esc>
> after press 3<CR> the line "3" is removed from the screen since it is
> included in line 2s closed fold and then the cursor is shown just after the
> first "~" after the end of the buffer

I don't see this.  For me the cursor is in the closed fold.

> 2) but that's not all, with the cursor on the closed fold:
> yy^Wnpu
> yy  yank the closed fold
> ^Wn create a new buffer
> p   paste the fold
> u   undo it
>
> I see the messages:
> ml_get: invalid lnum: 2
> ml_get: invalid lnum: 2

I can see this one.  Should be easy to fix...  Yep:

*** fold.c~	Sat Aug  5 21:05:16 2000
--- fold.c	Tue Aug 29 10:46:38 2000
***************
*** 1184,1189 ****
--- 1184,1193 ----
  	bot = wp->w_buffer->b_ml.ml_line_count;
  	wp->w_foldinvalid = FALSE;
      }
+     /* When deleting lines at the end of the buffer "top" can be past the end
+      * of the buffer. */
+     if (top > wp->w_buffer->b_ml.ml_line_count)
+ 	top = wp->w_buffer->b_ml.ml_line_count;

      fold_changed = FALSE;
      fline.wp = wp;

--
BEDEVERE: Stand by for attack!!
   [CUT TO enormous army forming up.  Trebuchets, rows of PIKEMEN, siege

///  Bram Moolenaar     Bram@moolenaar.net     http://www.moolenaar.net  \\\
\\\  Vim: http://www.vim.org      ICCF Holland: http://iccf-holland.org  ///