List:       vim-dev
Subject:    Re: Could you please give me the most bleeding-edge sources?
From:       Bram Moolenaar <Bram () moolenaar ! net>
Date:       2007-05-10 9:28:25

Edward L Fox wrote:

> > > I noticed that you also maintained another CVS repository besides the
> > > sf.net's CVS repository. And many changes to that internal CVS won't
> > > be applied to the sf.net's CVS repository unless a large release is to
> > > be made.
> > >
> > > In my opinion, as the SVN repository is now standardized, could you
> > > please give me the most bleeding-edge sources so that I can commit
> > > them into the trunk/ directory of the SVN repository, and some users
> > > who wish to use the unstable experimental version then can help you to
> > > test the code.
> >
> > I don't know what you are talking about.  The most recent version is the
> > distributed archives plus the patches plus updated runtime files.  In
> > CVS is that minus runtime file updates.
>
> So could you please give me the most recent runtime files? So I can
> upload them into the trunk/ directory and the users who want to try
> the newest version could try that by switching to trunk/. And vim7.1
> branch will still sync with the CVS repository, as before.

Updated runtime files are at ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/runtime/
You can also rsync them.

> > There are a few changes on my local harddisk, but they are not in a
> > patch yet for good reasons.
>
> Maybe they can also be included in the trunk/. You see, a trunk/
> doesn't need to be quite stable and bug free.

No, they remain on my harddisk because this is unfinshed stuff that I
don't want people to use.  Don't want the situation that someone reports
a bug and only after some talking we find out he was using some
half-patch from an unreleased snapshot.

--
From "know your smileys":
 %	Bike accident.  A bit far-fetched, I suppose; although...

 /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@Moolenaar.net -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\