List:       vim-dev
Subject:    vim as a gnome "component" (bonobo/d-bus/whatever)
From:       Stefano Zacchiroli <zack () bononia ! it>
Date:       2006-10-31 13:37:45

I stumbled on a web page [1] in which using some patches vim is shown to
be used as an editor built-in in evolution. More generally, gnome-vim
enables vim to be used as a bonobo component.

The web page is quite old though and required some patches, both on the
evolution and on the vim side. About this, I notice that the patches on
the vim side have not been integrated in vim, and this might be ok,
since AFAIK bonobo is going to be abandoned by gnome guys.

But still, is there anyone working on integrating vim as a gnome
"component". AFAICT nowadays this would mean dealing with D-BUS in some
way, but I'm definitely not proficient in Gnome internals.

I'm just interested in knowing if sooner or later I will be able to use
vim inside Evolution or other Gnome apps ...

Many thanks in advance,
Cheers.

[1] http://www.opensky.ca/~jdhildeb/software/gnome-vim/

(15:56:48)  Zack: e la demo dema?     /\    All one has to do is hit the