List:       vim-dev
Subject:    context sensitive help
From:       Anders Thogersen <ant () id ! cbs ! dk>
Date:       2005-01-19 11:36:32

Hello fellow vim users :-)

I have several documents lying around in my .vim/doc folder: c-reference,
latex docs and php docs, which is very nice since all I need is right
under my fingertips.  However, I wanted to learn a little more about
vims string handling routines so i typed

	:h str<C-D>

and got a lot of hits from both the c-reference and the php manual,..
not what i was looking for.

I then searched the help for options making it possible to search within
a specific help file, but learned that this requires a separate
tags file, and that the :helptags command creates a tags file from a
specific directory.  So maybe there lies an idea for a vimscript to
provide this sort of file specific help, I thought.

This does seem like something others might have experienced and i would
therefore like if there are people who have experiences/solutions to this?

Regards
 Anders